The International German Genealogy Partnership’s globe-spanning conference committee has tried to craft an event that’s as close to “being together” as is possible in the virtual world. In addition to a pair of LIVE! presentation days on 17 July and 24 July, the days between those Saturdays will be filled with additional activities that will make your registration even more worthwhile.
- There will be a couple of dozen “Demo Presentations” and “Self-Hosted Presentations” from Sponsors (such as Gold Sponsor MyHeritage), Vendors and IGGP Partners in a Bonus Package that’s included with every registration.
- A variety of Connections breakout sessions—micro-gatherings of people with a common theme of interest, either geographic or cultural—will be open to all registrants.
- Some Speakers may host additional Q&A breakout sessions during the week of the conference.
- We’re hoping to have at least a couple of “Virtual Happy Hour” mixer events in which you’ll be at “tables” of four people that switch every few minutes through the hour.
- Booths for our Sponsors and Exhibitors will be found in a Virtual Exhibit Hall for the entirety of the event.
- Each day from 18 July to 23 July, nine of the pre-recorded On-Demand presentations from world-class lecturers will debut for viewing by registrants who choose the On-Demand, Combo or USB Works packages.
- We’re working on creating individual pre-scheduled Consultations with experts to be available to registrants (More details to come!)
- Live and On-Demand lectures will be viewable with your choice of either English or German sub-titles, if you wish. To change the language of the live and on-demand presentations, turn on captioning and then choose either English or German in the embedded video player settings on the conference website.
Browse the 2021 IGGC program below!
EDT = Eastern Daylight Time / MEZ = Mitteleuropäische Zeit (Deutschland)
2021 IGGC Live! 17 July 2021 – Day One
10:15 a.m. (EDT), 16:15 (MEZ) Ute Brandenburg – “Von Schickago Gradeaus” – Wohin wanderte Onkel August aus, und wie finde ich seine Nachkommen?
11:30 a.m. (EDT), 17:30 (MEZ) Michael Strauss, AG® – German 1848ers and Their Fight Towards Freedom.
1:30 p.m. (EDT), 19:30 (MEZ) Katherine Schober, MA – A Wealth of Websites: Deciphering the German Script Made Easy.
3:00 p.m. (EDT), 21:00 (MEZ) Roger P. Minert, PhD, AG®, FUGA – Enumerated, Registered and Forgotten: Censuses and Residential Registration in Germany.
2021 IGGC Live! 24 July 2021 – Day Two
10:15 a.m. (EDT), 16:15 (MEZ) Diahan Southard – It is Getting Easier to Be Genetically German – The Latest Updates!
11:45 a.m. (EDT), 17:45 (MEZ) Dr. Wolfgang Grams – Streben nach Glück – deutsche Auswanderung nach Amerika.
1:45 p.m. (EDT), 19:45 (MEZ) Judy G. Russell, JD, CG, CGL – Which Johann Christoph is Mine?
3:15 p.m. (EDT), 21:15 (MEZ) Timo Kracke – CompGen und viel mehr – entdecken sie die online Quellen der genealogischen Vereine in Deutschland.
Download the list of 2021 IGGC Live and On Demand speakers and lectures
The program of Live! and On-Demand presentations for the International German Genealogy Conference is now available! Check out the eight live Marquee speakers, plus the list of 54 expert On-Demand presentations, by clicking the button below.
Programm mit Live- und On-Demand-Vorträge sowie Sprecher-Biografien zum Download
Das Programm der Live!- und On-Demand-Vorträge für die International German Genealogy Conference ist jetzt verfügbar!